If there are any notes or suggestions that someone would like to add please let me know. Ltkrapes@msn.com
The Arvada Running Club will have a group of runners at the following races ...
- Colorado Marathon and 1/2 Marathon -- May 3rd -- Fort Collins
- Bolder Boulder -- Memorial Day -- Boulder
- Hot Chocolate 5k and 15k -- October 3rd ish -- Denver -- Sign up now for the cheaper rates
- Autumn Color Run -- Buena Vista -- September
- Basalt 1/2 Marathon -- Basalt -- August
- Steamboat 1/2 Marathon -- Steamboat -- June
- Van Arsdale 5k -- Arvada -- May
- Westwoods 5k -- Arvada -- September
For Fundraising for the Scholarship this year we have decided, in addition to the 5K (Rosa will continue to plan) and Buffalo Wild Wings (third Wednesday of every month), we will also host a wine and cheese social gathering once per quarter ... The admission to the event is a donation to the Scholarship Fund. We decided to go this route because it was discussed that most people would rather spend their time socializing versus volunteering at a race ... The dates and hosts for each event are listed below ... I will post addresses closer to each date ...
- February 26th -- 6:30 pm -- Trisha's House
- April 23rd -- 6:30 pm -- Mary's Apartment
- August 6th -- 6:30 pm -- Nancy's House
- October 8th -- 6:30 pm -- Chris's House
Nancy will also be posting on the FaceBook site a workout each week that we would be a great cross training tool.
Wendy will be updating the featured runners in her spare time.
It was discussed that we like the current routes and trail systems that we have been using. There will be a new one opening in North West Arvada soon, so we will try that out as well.
It was talked about for the Tuesday track workouts to try and move them or change the time so more people could attend. It was decided to keep them on Tuesday's but maybe make the time at 6 to make it easier for people. Also, it was brought up that some people don't attend because they think they are too slow. Everyone agreed that no one was too slow and it is much more fun with more people. Lesley has agreed to leading the workouts for another year and Dina has talked about coming to help out as well.
We will also continue the Thursday Hill Repeat workouts (when it is lighter). Those will be at 6:30 every Thursday.
I would like to thank everyone who helps out with the club, the organization, the fundraising, the suggestions and ideas. Without everyone we wouldn't be where we are ...